2008/05/29

Westward 2: Heroes of the Frontier Review by Game Crawler

Reviewed by Game Crawler - June 1st, 2008
Yeehaw! Saddle up at get ready for the ride of your life partner!


Very addictive, complex, and entertaining. I was able to spend hours at a time immersed in this game. The story line is interesting. With some level of mystery you find yourself wondering how the story may progress. Their are several side quest that compliment the main story line and add a bit more depth to this game. There is also a pretty healthy dose of humor involved here. I found myself laughing openly quite frequently.

The gameplay and controls can be annoying to say the least. The controls have been improved upon from the first version of this game but they could still use some modification. It also runs a but choppy on my computer. I meet the system requirements but the game freezes and morphs about when I scroll the map. It isn't too bad though. I would say about 5% of the time I am annoyed and 95% enjoying the heck out of the game.

Changes - First off, the controls are a lot more complex and the makers greatly improved on the old "right click and drag" movement function. Now you can select a group of people and simply right click on their destination rather than dragging them all the way there. For me I found this to be very easy. You can also zoom in and walk about the streets with your townies. Gold mines can be placed directly on the gold vein which takes up a lot less space. Employment and housing are much easier to control and maintain. Outhouses are no longer required to maintain a town, but they add to a towns overall happiness. There are new buildings and also a page for awards. The awards are earned when a person reaches a certain milestone. For example, if you are producing all three farmed crops at one time you will receive the MASTER FARMER award. I am sure there are a lot more additions unique to this sequel but I cannot remember them all lol.

I highly recommend buying this game if you already haven't. Just remember to wear your chaps to avoid chaffing partner xD.

No comments:

Reflexive Arcade New PC Game Reviews